Manager International Development and Engagement | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2019 Manager International Development and Engagement.pdf (PDF, 702KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-Jun-2019|
Manager International Development and Engagement
- Lead the design and delivery of the International Development and Engagement Strategy
- Help improve public sector integrity capability in the Asia-Pacific region
- Build a team of professionals to deliver the work programme
Here at the Office of the Ombudsman, we are about fairness for all. The Chief Ombudsman handles complaints against government agencies and undertakes investigations and inspections. Good administration is encouraged by providing feedback and training to agencies. The Chief Ombudsman also initiates investigations where we see the need. The Office is seen as a centre of excellence amongst our Asia-Pacific neighbours and we are often called upon to assist with training and development of Ombudsman functions in the region.
As the Manager International Development and Engagement you will lead the design, delivery and evaluation of an international development and engagement strategy to support the Chief Ombudsman's vision. Working with a small team of professionals you will provide guidance, training and development support to improve public sector capability and accountability in countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in international development, public or administrative law
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of the Ombudsmen in contemporary society and the Office's operating environment, including investigation and inspection practices.
- Experience working in international development and engagement for developing countries across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Experience working with international development organisations/agencies to build collaborative partnerships and/or facilitate introductions to support countries to achieve desired outcomes.
- Management experience leading and working within a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience leading design and delivery of a strategy and work programme.
So, if you have a passion for helping people and want to be part of fulfilling our purpose of fairness for all, go ahead, have a read of the job description, and apply now!
Depending on skills and experience, the salary for this position ranges from $109,631 to $164,447.
Applications Close: 5 pm Sunday 16 June 2019
You will need to register through our online career centre, complete our application form, and upload your CV and cover letter. For further information please contact the recruitment team email@example.com.
All applicants will need to have a legal entitlement to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a criminal convictions check and may be required to achieve and maintain a NZ Government (NZSIS) security clearance.