Senior Business Analyst | Wellington
|Category:||Information & Communications Technology|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2018 Senior Business Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 463KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-Jun-2019|
Senior Business Analyst – Wellington
- Broad and varied role working across the entire organisation
- Ensure alignment of business processes and digital solutions
- Be part of shaping new processes and systems
The Ombudsman is an Officer of Parliament, appointed to investigate, review and inspect the administrative conduct of state sector agencies and provide advice and guidance to ensure people are treated fairly in New Zealand. The work is varied, interesting, and professionally challenging.
As an organisation that has seen considerable growth, and with an ambitious vision for the future, we're looking for a Senior Business Analyst as part of a new organisational model for our ICT, information and knowledge management functions. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will:
- lead the development and maintenance of business process documentation across the Office;
- lead the effective analysis of business processes and systems - work collaboratively with managers and staff to gather critical information, identify/anticipate business requirements, identify areas for improvement and develop and implement agreed solutions;
- assist with the design of new processes on an ECMS/CMS.
- work across our systems describing and designing new processes or documenting changes to existing processes, including reporting.
- ensure optimal alignment between business processes, digital solutions and operational efficiency; and
- lead the development, analysis and improvement of data and reporting capability.
In this new position, there is huge potential for you to make a difference with recommendations for improvement and further development. Your role will be an integral part of supporting the achievement of the Ombudsman's strategic aims and objectives and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of building our new model.
With lots to do, this will be a fast paced and busy role with variety. You will thrive on working in a high-volume, dynamic and stimulating environment where attention to detail and capability to multi-task is critical. You will be confident working with stakeholders at all levels, including senior managers, be a self-starter and be able to get on with what needs to be done with minimal guidance.
To be successful in this position, you will need to bring with you:
- considerable and proven BA skills/experience (including process analysis, mapping and design, capturing requirements, documentation, testing, facilitation, change management and training);
- broad experience across a range of different business systems with ability to become highly proficient in new tools and systems quickly;
- confidence to work with internal/external stakeholders at all levels, including senior managers, to understand requirements, determine optimal solutions and ensure positive outcomes;
- a track record of planning, contributing to and delivering projects using project management methodologies (including areas of scoping, requirements gathering and documentation, acceptance, development, testing, and implementation);
- critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills; and
- a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent which supports the requirements of the role, and/or comparable work experience.
The successful appointee will have a legal entitlement to work in New Zealand and may be required to achieve and maintain a NZ government (NZSIS) security clearance. Depending on skills and experience, the salary for this position ranges from $77,880 to $116,820 gross per annum.
To apply, click on the Apply Now button where you will need to register through our online career centre, complete our application form and upload your CV and cover letter. For more information, please refer to the position description that is downloadable from our online career centre.
For further information about this vacancy, please contact the recruitment team on email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 5.00pm, 16 June 2019.