Manager Strategic Advice | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2019 Manager Strategic Advice JD.pdf (PDF, 490KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Jul-2019|
Manager Strategic Advice
- Lead a high functioning team of specialists to deliver quality and effective outcomes
- Positively influence the performance of the Office
- Be part of positive and collaborative working environment
Here at the Office of the Ombudsman, we are about fairness for all. The Chief Ombudsman handles complaints against government agencies and undertakes investigations and inspections. Good administration is encouraged by providing feedback and training to agencies. The Chief Ombudsman also initiates investigations where we see the need.
As Manager Strategic Advice you will lead a fast paced team responsible for operating at a high level to provide organisational leadership, strategic policy and practice advice, and internal and external training that contributes to the Chief Ombudsman's vision.
A key strategic advisory position for the Office, the Manager Strategic Advice will also lead the team to contribute strategic expertise and content for the effective management and delivery in areas of internal and external communications, research, evaluation and knowledge management, international relations and any other work assigned by the Assistant Ombudsman Compliance and Practice.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in public or administrative law.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of the Ombudsmen in contemporary society and the Office's operating environment, including investigation and inspection practices.
- Experience providing strategic, specialist advice in a similar role or organisation
- Management experience leading and working within a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience leading design and delivery of work programmes.
So, if you have a passion for helping people and want to be part of fulfilling our purpose of fairness for all, go ahead, have a read of the job description, and apply now!
Depending on skills and experience, the salary for this position ranges from $131,946 to $197,918.
Applications close: 5pm Friday, 19 July 2019.
You will need to register through our online career centre, complete our application form, and upload your CV and cover letter. For further information please contact the recruitment team email@example.com.
All applicants will need to have a legal entitlement to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a criminal convictions check and may be required to achieve and maintain a NZ Government (NZSIS) security clearance.