Senior Advisor Strategic Advice - Fixed Term | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor Strategic Advice - Schedule of Duties.pdf (PDF, 353KB)
|Application Close Date:||13-Nov-2019|
Senior Advisor Strategic Advice
- Are you skilled at providing advice to a range of audiences?
- Do you enjoy working on matters of significant public interest?
- Fixed term to December 2020
Here at the Ombudsman, we are about fairness for all. We handle complaints against government agencies and undertake investigations and inspections. Good administration is encouraged by providing feedback and training to agencies. The Chief Ombudsman also initiates his own investigations where he sees the need.
We have seen considerable growth in the activities and functions we deliver, and there is a lot more to come as part of an ambitious vision for the future. We have a friendly and collaborative environment where our people enjoy interesting and challenging work and are passionate about what they do.
The Strategic Advice Team supports the Chief Ombudsman, Deputy Ombudsman and Assistant Ombudsmen by providing high level strategic advice, sector coordination, planning and assistance, on matters relating to policy, professional practice and advice and training (internal and external). In addition, team members contribute their strategic expertise and advice in support of communications, knowledge management, research and evaluation and international relations.
We are currently looking for two fixed term Senior Advisors to work with our Principal Advisors for the next 12 months. As part of your role, you will provide senior level advisory support, subject matter expertise and advice across the Chief Ombudsman's different activities, including research, analysis and preparation of reports.
What we are looking for:
- a legal or other relevant tertiary qualification;
- experience at a senior level in a legal advisory and/or policy development role, ideally in public administration;
- excellent writing skills;
- strong research and analytical skills including ability to distil key information into reports and recommendations;
- exceptional planning, organising and prioritisation skills; and
- a proven ability to consistently complete assigned tasks on time and to a high standard.
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now' button where you will need to register through our online career centre, complete our application form and upload your CV and cover letter. For further information about this vacancy, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on skills and experience, the salary is expected to be $94,000 to $124,000.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday, 13 November 2019.