Manager (Complaints Resolution Group) | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2017 Manager JD.pdf (PDF, 454KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Nov-2019|
MANAGER (Complaints Resolution)
- Operational management opportunity
- Positively influence the performance of the Office
- Permanent, full time role based in central Wellington
Are you an experienced leader looking for your next challenge?
As an independent Officer of Parliament, we assist the New Zealand public in their dealings with public sector agencies. We handle complaints, carry out investigations, protect the rights of people in detention, provide advice and training to agencies and strive to build awareness for what we do and how we do it. We have a friendly and collaborative environment where our people enjoy interesting and challenging work and are passionate about what they do.
The Complaints Resolution Group is made up of five permanent teams, three based in Wellington and one in Christchurch and Auckland. Each team has its own focus on the complaints handling process, and its own complaint handling requirements. The role of Manager has been set up to manage the teams and may be rotated between teams..
We have a vacancy for a Manager of one of our Wellington based teams. This role will provide leadership and operational management for a team of investigators focussed on the resolution of more complex, longer-term investigations, and any other work assigned by the Assistant Ombudsman Complaints Resolution. The complaints vary in level of complexity and risk, with the core focus to conduct a thorough investigation and to resolve complaints in a timely manner, and maintaining high quality standards.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- experience as a line manager in an investigative, arbitration and/or mediation environment;
- proven people management experience and knowledge and demonstrated ability to motivate and lead others through positive leadership;
- experience in developing a positive and cohesive team environment that encourages openness, trust, and collaboration;
- excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to build credibility with a range of stakeholders;
- strong written and oral communication skills; and
- a track record of delivering results.
Depending on skills and experience, the salary for this position will likely range between $120,000 and $145,000.
The successful appointee will have a legal entitlement to work in New Zealand and may be required to achieve and maintain a NZ government (NZSIS) security clearance.
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now' button where you will need to register through our online career centre, complete our application form and upload your CV and cover letter.
For further information about this vacancy, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 20 November 2019.