Senior Advisor - Learning and Agency Development Team | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Oct-2022|
Senior Advisor – Learning and Agency Development Team
(Fixed Term 12 months)
- Work as part of a collaborative, creative and high performing team
- Draw on your experience in good decision making/official information to provide advice and guidance across the public sector
- Provide content for learning resources and develop external guides and precedents concerning the work of the Ombudsman
Mō te Tari o te Kaitiaki Mana Tangata – About the Ombudsman
The Chief Ombudsman works with his staff to help New Zealanders in their dealings with government agencies. The focus is on handling complaints against government agencies, undertaking investigations and inspections, and encouraging good administration. The Chief Ombudsman is independent and impartial, with the goal of fairness for all.
Mō tō mātou tira – About our team
The Learning and Agency Development (LAD) team deliver digital and blended learning programmes for both staff and public sector agencies. The team also help public sector agencies do the best possible job for the people of Aotearoa by:
- delivering guidance activities and interventions
- developing guides, case notes, and opinions to inform their work
- providing credible, balanced and expert advice upon request.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We're looking for a keen and focused individual to join the Learning and Agency Development team as a Senior Advisor for 12 months.
In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with the Senior Advisor and Advisor LAD to:
- provide advice and guidance across the public sector
- deliver internal and external operational learning programmes
- provide content for learning resources
- develop external guides and precedents concerning the work of the Ombudsman.
This a rare opportunity to contribute to a future operating model for learning and agency development as we continue to develop our blended learning and guidance programme
If you've got a growth mindset and are open to new experiences, we'd love to hear from you.
For further details about the role please see the job description.
He kōrero mōu – About you
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- significant experience in an investigative, and/or alternative disputes resolution environment, preferably at a senior level
- understanding and experience of the Ombudsmen's jurisdiction, operating legislation, and investigation practice
- sound understanding of current New Zealand public sector practice, the context in which public sector agencies operate, and the challenges they face
- understanding of the administration of government, including legal, regulatory and policy systems
- understanding of contemporary learning and development principles, practices and tools
- experience in coaching, facilitation and/or public speaking
- an understanding of Māori, disability and other cultural and human rights concepts, including the Treaty of Waitangi and apply these to your work
- works in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment with a continuous improvement approach
- strong verbal and written communication
- have a relevant qualification and/or equivalent experience.
Me pēhea e tono - How to apply
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now' button where you will need to register through our online careers centre, complete our application form and upload your CV and cover letter including details on:
- your motivation for applying for the role; and
- the relevant skills and experience that you would bring to the role.
For further information about this vacancy please email [email protected].
It is a requirement of the Office that all new staff are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before commencing work.
All applicants will have a legal entitlement to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a criminal convictions check and may be required to achieve and maintain a NZ Government (NZSIS) security clearance.
Depending on skills and experience the salary is expected to be $100,612 to $125,765
Applications close 5pm Sunday 02nd of October.