Business Services Administrator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Business_Services_Administrator_JD (5).pdf (PDF, 126KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2022|
Business Services Administrator
- An engaging team culture
- A workplace that encourages growth, development, and succession
- Key role that supports the business
Mō te Tari o te Kaitiaki Mana Tangata – About the Office of the Ombudsman
The Chief Ombudsman works with his staff to help New Zealanders in their dealings with government agencies. The focus is on handling complaints against government agencies, undertaking investigations and inspections, and encouraging good public administration. The Chief Ombudsman is independent and impartial, working towards fairness for all New Zealanders.
Mō tō mātou tira – About the team
The Business Services Team provides logistical support to staff in both Auckland and Wellington offices. Becoming part of an exceptional team in a dynamic organisation, where the work is challenging and rewarding. Your development and growth will be nurtured, and your work recognised and valued.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
We are looking for a permanent Business Services Administrator to support the work of the Office by providing general administration duties, business support services, front-line reception services and event-based planning and support, to mid-term projects. This role will be supporting project lead with various portfolios, travel & accommodation bookings and facilities management. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive can-do attitude.
He kōrero mōu – About you
You'll be a collaborative, team player it would be great if you had any of the following to bring to the role: To be successful in this role you will have:
- Sound organisational, planning and prioritising skills.
- Computer literacy skills – ability to work with a variety of systems and applications, and with Microsoft Office software.
- Conflict resolution and dealing with difficult customers.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, and to effectively prioritise and execute work in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to use initiative and solve problems when required.
- Strong customer service ethic, and a ‘can do' attitude.
What we can offer
- Genuine career progression opportunities and professional development through training and mentoring by senior members of your team.
- Competitive remuneration
- Two extra Annual Leave days after 12 months of employment
- Onsite gym, free to all employees
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Me pēhea e tono - How to apply
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now' button where you will need to register through our online career centre, complete our application form and upload your CV and cover letter. For further information about this vacancy please email [email protected].
All applicants will have a legal entitlement to work in New Zealand. It is a requirement of the Office that all new staff are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before commencing work. This includes any boosters they are eligible for.
Depending on skills and experience the starting salary is expected to be between $48,882 and $61,103.
Applications close Sunday 25th September 2022.