Programme and Administration Officer - Children in Care Complaints | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Schedule of Duties Programme and Administration Officer CiCC.docx (Word, 191KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2022|
- Bring your excellent organisational skills & attention to detail
- Contribute to important mahi of the Chief Ombudsman
- 12 month fixed term role
Mō te Tari o te Kaitiaki Mana Tangata – About the Ombudsman
The Chief Ombudsman works with his staff to help New Zealanders in their dealings with government agencies. The focus is on handling complaints against government agencies, undertaking investigations and inspections, and encouraging good administration. The Chief Ombudsman is independent and impartial, with the goal of fairness for all.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
This is 12 month fixed term role for a Programme and Administration Officer for the Children in Care Programme. Reporting to the Principal Advisor Children in Care, this is a busy role that will provide administrative and coordination support across a significant programme of work to ensure the Ombudsman's preparedness to deliver an enhanced role in oversight of the Oranga Tamariki system.
In particular, the role will:
- Provide Children in Care programme coordination and administration:
- Provide logistics, arrange meetings, taking minutes and coordinating action progress.
- Act as the point of contact for the Principal Advisor and communicate/document information.
- Prepare planning documentation, timeframes, and schedules.
- Book travel activities including stakeholder engagement and meetings
- Support the Principal Advisor with stakeholder engagement, including regular travel.
We are looking for a person who is reliable, well organised, has excellent communication skills and attention to detail. We are also looking for solid administration skills, including excellent writing and data entry skills, and an analysis and problem solving mind-set.
He kōrero mōu – About you
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Significant experience in a similar administration and programme coordination role.
- Understanding and experience with project management methodology is an advantage.
- Superior planning and organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Stakeholder engagement administration experience.
- The ability to work effectively across multiple projects and activities in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with a willingness to contribute to a constructive, positive team environment.
- High level of integrity, discretion and resilience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced MS Office Excel skills.
- A willingness to travel across the country.
Me pēhea e tono - How to apply
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now' button where you will need to register through our online career centre, complete our application form and upload your CV and cover letter. For further information about this vacancy please email [email protected].
The Chief Ombudsman places a great importance on the values of "People, Purpose and Passion", in that we all matter, our focus is on fairness, and we believe we can make a difference. The Chief Ombudsman is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, fostering a culture of inclusion, and diversity of thinking and harnessing greater diversity in his people. We offer a number of benefits including sport and fitness club or class membership fees, support to participate in official sporting activities and much more!
It is a requirement of the Office that all new staff are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before commencing work. This includes any boosters they are eligible for.
All applicants will have a legal entitlement to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a criminal convictions check and may be required to achieve and maintain a NZ Government (NZSIS) security clearance.
Depending on skills and experience the salary is expected to be between $54,388 - $75,000; please note there will be some travel required.
Applications close Thursday, 08th December 2022.