Senior Report Analyst Writer OPCAT | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2022_Senior_Report_Analyst_and_Writer_OPCAT (1).pdf (PDF, 575KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Apr-2023|
Senior Report Analyst Writer - Permanent
- Can you understand, analyse and write well about human rights issues?
- Are you culturally aware, and do you have an understanding of disability issues?
- Can you build effective relationships, train and guide others, and help develop our work practices?
Mō te Tari o te Kaitiaki Mana Tangata – About the Ombudsman
As an independent Officer of Parliament, the Chief Ombudsman works to ensure people are treated fairly, primarily in relation to the administrative conduct of public sector agencies. As part of his role, the Chief Ombudsman has been designated as a National Preventive Mechanism (NPM) to ensure New Zealand meets its obligations under the UN Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture (OPCAT). This designation includes monitoring and examining the conditions and treatment of people detained in prisons, court cells, immigration facilities and health and disability facilities such as intellectual disability and mental health units and secure privately run aged care facilities.
Mō tō mātou tira – About our team
The OPCAT team is responsible for monitoring the conditions and treatment of people detained in prisons, court cells, immigration facilities, and health and disability facilities such as intellectual disability and mental health units and secure privately run aged care facilities.
Mō te tūranga - About the role
Reporting to the Manager Reporting, Analysis and Programme Support, you will lead the analysis of evidence and information gathered as part of inspections and examinations while crafting reports to identify findings for action and publication. The Senior Report Analyst Writer is also responsible for engaging with inspectors and other teams to support the development of the NPM's position on issues emerging from the examination and inspection activity. You may on occasions participate in visits and inspections to places of detention in order to understand the context and environment, which will require travel and overnight stays.
He kōrero mōu – About you
- To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in public or administrative law or related discipline.
- Highly experienced in report analysis and writing.
- Sound experience negotiating agreed outputs with experienced colleagues
- Ability to recognise and understand the application of Te Ao Māori concepts, principles and practices.
- Ability to recognise and apply disability rights principles and wider cultural and human rights concepts.
- Ability to consider a number of different perspectives at the same time and balance to deliver an appropriate outcomes.
Te painga o te mahi tahi me mātou - Our benefits, what we offer
- An excellent team and working environment in a dynamic organisation, where work is challenging and rewarding.
- Your development and growth will be nurtured and your work recognised and valued.
- Flexible working options
- Competitive remuneration
- On site gym and personal trainer, free to all employees
- Three paid office holidays between Christmas and New Year
- Wellness benefits and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Me pēhea e tono - How to apply
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now' button where you will need to register through our online career centre, complete our application form and upload your CV and cover letter. For further information about this vacancy please email [email protected]
It is a requirement of the Office that all new staff are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before commencing work. This includes any boosters they are eligible for.
All applicants will have a legal entitlement to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a criminal convictions check and may be required to achieve and maintain a NZ Government (NZSIS) security clearance.
Depending on skills and experience the salary is expected to be between $100,612 and $150,918 with 125,765 being the midpoint -100% of band.
Applications close 02nd of April 2023